The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) protects the privacy rights of individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA), including all European Union Member States and the three other countries that participate in the European Free Trade Association. Its broad reach means it applies to organizations and individuals in and out of the EU.
We offer two versions of our GDPR content:
- GDPR for Research and Higher Ed
- GDPR: Expanded, which contains all of the modules from the GDPR for Research and Higher Ed course plus webinars on advanced GDPR topics.
Our content helps individuals gain awareness of the GDPR, understand when and how it may apply, and provide a framework for compliance with essential parts of the regulation. Case studies and examples are interwoven in the modules to explain concepts and applicability.
An overview of the regulation, which discusses the essential elements of the GDPR, establishes the foundation for the courses. This overview includes different categories of data and regulatory roles and when the GDPR may apply to U.S.-based organizations and researchers.
Then additional modules provide in-depth coverage on topical areas, including:
- GDPR and Human Subjects Research Considerations
- Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Subject to the GDPR
- GDPR and Data Protection Impact Assessments
- GDPR and Consent for Data Processing in Research
- GDPR and Organizational Duties
- Introduction to the GDPR for U.S. Higher Education Organizations: Beyond Research
The GDPR courses are designed to have all learners complete the first module, and then the additional topic-focused modules as applicable.
The Introduction to the GDPR for U.S. Higher Education Organizations module can be taken on its own.
The GDPR: Expanded course is available for independent learners. It brings together the content from our GDPR for Research and Higher Ed course and complements it with two of our most popular webinars on GDPR.
Note: Organizations that subscribe to our GDPR webinars (or our All Access Webinar Package) may add the GDPR webinars to any of their courses.
Language Availability: English
Suggested Audiences: Compliance Officers and Departments, Contract Research Organizations (CROs), Contracts and Grants Officers, Higher Education Organizational Administrators, HRPPs, Institutional Officials, IRB Members and Administrators, Privacy Officers, Regulatory Affairs, Researchers, Risk Management Officers, Sponsors